Thursday, September 17, 2009

I'm not gross. I swear.

I am in college. I live in a dorm. I make use of a community bathroom.

...And don't just get the idea that this post is going to be about bathroom humor, and potty jokes.
Because it's not. I'm above that.
However, if you would judge me for blogging about bathrooms, and bathroom etiquette...
Go back to Facebook. Now.

Moving forward, in the stalls, above each toilet is a sign which reads 'PLEASE FLUSH'.

I, at 18 years old understand the importance for flushing a toilet. Therefore I can understand why those who maintain the bathrooms would post such a sign. But. We are in college now. We don't need to be yelled at via sign to remind us of a habit we [hopefully] have been putting into practice since we were potty trained.
I sit on the high horse of understanding my obligations to the community bathroom until I see that someone has forgotten to flush.

Really? We are in college now. Remember to flush a fucking toilet.

The thing is, is that when one sees an unflushed toilet, they tend to avoid that particular stall.
One will leave the toilet unflushed, causing bathroom maintenance to lose faith in those who are smart enough to be accepted into college- only because of their mere inability to fulfill a lifelong responsibility.

Another rant. I know. Sorry if it was gross, or distasteful.

Perhaps next time I will have something more relevant to say.

Perhaps not.

-Jordana

No comments:

Post a Comment